Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Waiting...

***This post was written late February. Keep this in mind as you read. In addition, there are several more posts I've written over the last three months (not posted here yet) documenting my experience. I will be posting new ones daily, so check back often if you'd like to hear the whole story up till now!
If you want to hear the story of how we found out, click here (the first blog in this series)

It's felt like an eternity since my last ultrasound. In reality it's been four weeks, but with the anxiety and worry that comes along with really hoping everything is going ok in there with the mini-human, it feels like forever.
It's amazing to me that some people have the peace of mind to make the decision to not have ultrasounds or hear the heartbeat-- they must have nerves of steel!
Because I can't see the baby, and can't feel the baby (although I'm feeling the effects of it pretty dang well-- can you say "all day queasy?"), the anxiety can be pretty annoying at times.
I find peace in knowing that if God truly made this happen (which He had to have-- because we were actively trying to AVOID pregnancy!), then he really must have a purpose in all this. I'm not saying that means everything will go 100% peachy or ideally. I'm saying that I'm along on a ride that He's knows about and is in control of. Seems like the safest place to be at the moment, especially with all the unknowns.
All that said, our next ultrasound is TODAY!

No comments: