Friday, April 11, 2014

Maternity Jeans

***This post was written late March . Keep this in mind as you read. In addition, there are a couple more posts I've written documenting my experience during March. I will be posting these last ones in the next couple days.
If you want to hear the story of how we found out, click here (the first blog in this series)

So... I wore my maternity jeans for the first time today.
Oh, yeah. It's ON.
For some reason this made me feel the reality of this huge life change sink in a little more. And the small decision to wear this particular pair of pants for the first time was kind of a big one for me (even though I bought them over a week ago). It's like saying, "Yes. I kinda sorta understand that I now have a living being inside my uterus and I am responsible to keep him/her safe." When you think of it that way... It seems kind of huge, doesn't it? I'm still in the stage of "What the heck is going on here. Wasn't I onstage for Nutcracker just a few days ago? No? Ok then."
Regardless of my mental gymnastics over a silly pair of pants, I must say... They are frickin' comfortable! See below (not me in the picture but check out what makes them so comfortable-- the stretchy fabric holds them up!):

not my belly. found on Pinterest :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I tried leaving a comment a while back, but don't think it worked, so I'm trying again. I love walking with you via your blog through your pregnancy. Thank you for sharing!

Gina said...

Thanks Jenny! It's fun to see you pop up as "Jennifer" :). How are you and your husband?

BeeBelle said...

Maternity pants can also be a subtle way to "announce" - at least to those women who can spot them a mile away, but aren't in the circle of folks you've already told. It seems like I always had students who would figure it out that way, since I never actually said anything in class.

BeeBelle said...

LOL if you enjoyed seeing Jenny show up as Jennifer, what do you think of seeing Elizabeth (Cole's mom) show up as BeeBelle? Long story from an old blog I used to keep, named after an old auto-generated email address.

Gina said...

Ahhh! I was wondering! :) Yes I agree on the pants! Although I can never tell unless you see the band on top :)