Monday, April 7, 2014

Donuts and Chicken Enchiladas.

***This post was written very early March. Keep this in mind as you read-- people have been asking my how my nausea is-- the answer is it's much better right now! These posts are about a month old, so things have changed a bit. In addition, there are several more posts I've written over the last few months (about half not posted here yet) documenting my experience. I will be posting new ones daily, so check back often if you'd like to hear the whole story up till now!
If you want to hear the story of how we found out, click here (the first blog in this series)

The other day I bought a few donuts at Winchell's. Because all of a sudden I needed them. Mostly chocolate ones.


Yeah. You get me.
But then, when I got home, my body no longer NEEDED them. Something in my body chemistry changed in a couple hours. So I put them in a tupperware container, thinking that my chemistry would change back in probably a day. Or a few more hours.
And it did... Except that the next day I really, really wanted chicken enchiladas. I planned to go to the store and get them, but didn't have time. Good thing, because the next day? You got it! I no longer really NEEDED them.


Gah! Can you understand how frustrating this is to me? Not only to my pocketbook, but as a ballet dancer I am used to CONTROLLING my body and telling IT what to do. NOT the other way around. I don't want to go to the store, buy a bunch of things I want at the moment, but find I no longer want any of it the next day. You hear that, body? You're going to eat the donut and like it.  Because I went out of my way to get it on my way home from teaching and I was super hungry, but did it anyway.
Here's what my body replied: "Oh yeah? So remember the on and off queasy you have been getting? Heheheh."
Here's what I said back: "Um YES. So? Thanks for all that, by the way."
My body: "Not a problem G. So, if you force me to ingest this donut, how do you know what I WON'T do to you regarding nausea? Heheheheh."
Me: "Ok ok ok ok ok! Subject dropped! Thanks for everything you do! Love you body! MUAH!"
Today I had already had two breakfasts. Yes I'm eating a lot! Does that shock some of you? It shouldn't, because I already did pre-weird ass state of affairs. But I digress. I have literally doubled my food intake. Not even half an hour after my second breakfast, I was hungry again. For a donut.
So I looked over to the tupperware of goodness on the counter-- still there!
If you're wondering how good a few days-old cinnamon roll can be, the answer is: VERY, VERY GOOD.

No comments: