Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Confessions of a Deactivated Facebooker: Bored, with a Frog.

It has almost been a full month since I first deactivated my Facebook account. And I think I've finally gotten to the point (or very soon I will one hundred percent be there) where I am bored enough of Facebook to reactivate my account, and not get sucked in again. Confession: Occasionally I have perused Casey's newsfeed for a few minutes-- but because we only have a couple friends in common, I would get bored pretty quickly, typically under two minutes. Then I sign off and come here to blog. Many thanks to Casey who is NEVER EVER on Facebook because he has little to no interaction with anyone over the cyber world, which makes for a pretty boring profile. Sorry Casey. :) I can say this because he has said it himself.
  I do have a point. And that point is this: I think I would be able to go back now and not become addicted again. But... I am not sure I want to. I have gotten used to being without it and it isn't half bad. This is very strange for me. I miss the online interaction, but I have also enjoyed being unplugged because it has allowed me to:
  • Be more reflective of my own thoughts and heart instead of just looking at what other people are saying. 
  • Enjoy actually doing my laundry and dishes and other sundry chores more often. Yes, you aren't seeing things, I said enjoy. It's a mild enjoyment... But still.
  • Write. I love writing on this blog, more specifically.
  • Spend more face to face time with all of you. I know I can continue all this if I do reactivate... I just have to watch that I don't fall into old habits. Hmmmm....
  • Go live with my SugarPlum Ltd. website! I've been trying to get my social media marketing business site up and running for a long time, and I finally found time to do it! Woop woop!
What do YOU think I should do?

While you mull this extremely important issue over, here is a frog video to entertain you:


1 comment:

thatguycliff's blog said...

Love the video...I have no other opinion of what you should do...I think the frog makes it totally clear of what you should do... ;-)