Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Alter Ego: Doris

I redesigned my blog! The crazy girl in my new background is Doris, my stepsister character from my latest show (Cinderella with Ballet Ariel). In the ballroom scene, Doris gets a chance to choose an orange for her very own, then proceeds to dance around and tease her sister Peony (played by Peter Strand) with it. The tennis ball I have in the background picture was the orange "stand in" before we had the real prop orange. I found the "stand in" orange to be quite professional and took its job very seriously even though it was going to be replaced soon. What a peach... I mean, orange.

Doris and her "stand in" orange

I found that I had so much fun being Doris that I'd like to keep her (and her Brooklyn accent) around for a while. Good thing, because Ballet Ariel is touring to Caspar, Wyoming in May and Leadville in June. Plus we get to perform excerpts of the ballet at the Arvada Center outdoor ampitheater on June 7th.

Needless to say, Doris is pretty psyched about that. And this time, she's determined to get herself a Prince.

No comments: