Friday, April 27, 2012

Birthday Thoughts.

First off, isn't the below cake the most amazing thing you've ever seen? I totally want it!

^^Awesomeness ^^

 Too bad it's probably one of those thousand dollar cakes you see on "Ace of Cakes" or some other pastry reality show... Oh well. I can dream right? Especially since it's my birthday tomorrow. Something about having a birthday coming up soon gives me a little excited smile deep inside, even though I crested the big 30 year mark a few years ago and birthdays shouldn't be a big deal anymore. I think it's because, growing up, I had the privilege of being celebrated every year on the day I was born. And for that I am grateful. I am so grateful I have parents that made me feel like I was a special little girl, and deserved a celebration just because I came into this world.

A two year old Gina Rose looking at her birthday roses.

When my birthday comes around, I always get this excited feeling even if I'm not getting a big party or cake or a bunch of presents. This year I got to see an incredible musical at the Arvada Center (Chess) with a best friend and Casey, and also am planning to celebrate with some close friends at an Irish pub in town. These two things define me as the things I love most in this world: Friends and anything to do with dance/theater. I am blessed.

How do you prefer to celebrate your birthdays?

1 comment:

Jessica Clayton said...

1) You're baby Picture is super cute :D
2) CAKE MMMMMM
3) My favorite birthday was last years surprise party...You all rock. I love you! I hope you had a really happy happy birthday!!!