Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 5 of Deactivation: ALIVE.

Day 5 of deactivation from FB included the reactivation of my account. Wait, wait, wait-- hear me out-- I have not "returned" to FB. I realized there were many, many friends who had no idea where I went last Tuesday. So, I put myself on a very short Facebook leash, willingly handed it to Casey, logged back into my account, and posted about my deactivation (so everyone knows I didn't unfriend them). I provided a link to this blog and my email address. And in less than 48 hours, I will deactivate again. Oh yes, Casey will make sure of that (hence the afore-mentioned "leash").
So. Like I said, today is Day 5. I feel pretty good. I definitely have had some urges to peruse around (especially when I posted the blog info on my page). Facebook is a tricksy little thing. I had no idea how used to checking up on, well, EVERYTHING I was.
You know what helps? Singing. I have to say I love singing on the worship team at church. It just floats my boat. It makes me feel ALIVE.


No, that is not my wrist although I would love to get a tattoo exactly like it.

What floats your boat? What helps you when you are trying to get away from doing something you don't want to do? Inquiring minds would like to know!

2 comments:

Jessica Clayton said...

Todd floats my boat (I say this so you can stick your toungue out and say ewwwww)...
LOL no dancing floats my boat for sure!
Spending quality time with my loved ones, riding on the motorcycle, live bands, and running my business....all pretty fantastic!
PS I was super excited to you see on FB today :D

Gina said...

EWWWWWWWW :P.
Just kidding. Love you Jess! And loved cutting it footloose with your sassy self tonight!