Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Take Nothing Personally

I love, love, LOVE this:


Freedom is good.

On a different note, I've been a bit quiet in the last couple days because (see below post) one of my parakeets, Lane Meyer, passed away and is now flying around perfectly healthy in Birdie Heaven. Yes, that is a place. It's amazing how something, someone so little can make such a huge impression in your heart. He was the sweetest bird alive, he loved everyone with such an open heart (even our other bird who tended to be a bully to him). I want to be more like Lane. I want to love everyone no matter how they treat me.

And yes! I somehow related that to the picture I posted.

Have you ever lost a pet? How was that for you?

2 comments:

Toni Renee' said...

Miss Gina, I'm so sorry to hear about your Lane Meyer. It really IS amazing how these little animals can touch our hearts and lives. They are uncomplicated (unlike our people friends), and always there.
My Angel left this world not so long ago as well. Maybe Lane and Angel are friends now :)

Gina said...

I'm sorry too, Toni. I will miss Angel right along with you. And I am sure they are friends up there :).