Monday, May 28, 2012

What Battles Have You Seen?

Today is Memorial Day... I'm thinking about those who have gone through battle, fought for our freedoms, and paid the ultimate price. I am so grateful for those (including many of my relatives) who have fought in the armed forces.

I'm also thinking of spiritual battle today. So much going on under the surface, unseen to the eye. These are the battles that have been the hardest for me to deal with, especially when I refuse to let God help me (but that's my bad).


Casey and I at my cousin's wedding a few years ago

Today I'm going to take some time to sit and journal, and think about the spiritual battles I've been through. God has seen me through so much in my short time here on Earth. I'd like to give credit where credit is due. Also deserving of much credit is my husband Casey, who has seen me through many battles in the last five years (including major health issues, countless emotional battles, and a major career change).

No comments: