Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Casey at the Bat

Casey and I at our first apartment here in Colorado, almost four years ago.

An introduction to those who may not know my husband:
Everyone? May I introduce Casey.
Casey? This is everyone.

Instead of jabbering about myself today I thought I'd give some air time to my best friend and "other half." Actually, I take that back. He's not my other half, he's a human being totally on his own and I am as well. But we've been married almost five years now and it's hard to imagine my life without him already. Marriage is funny that way. Each of our personal existences have begun to combine together, kind of like the strawberry and kiwi flavors in Jello salad-- the two flavors melting together in a bowl and left out because the party is still going and no one remembered to put it back in the fridge.

Yes, I just compared our marriage to runny Jello salad.

 Anyway, he's been working hard lately. Anyone that has met Casey knows his brain is constructed differently than mine, specifically, he isn't allergic to finances. In fact, he really likes numbers and accounting. Enough so that he is pursuing a career as a CPA. Since moving here, he's worked a couple different jobs while going to school at University of Colorado (Denver) to reach that goal. He just recently finished his classes (yeeeaaayyyy!). Now onto the CPA exam study courses, resume editing and submitting, and trying on his new three piece interview/work suits for me (what can I say? He looks hot in them).

I am so proud of him. He has such an amazing work ethic, and is such a faithful person in so many ways. He is always there for me no matter how ridiculous, annoying, or immature I am being. He actually probably deserves the "most patient man" award for being married to me for more than two minutes.

He pretty much inspires me and grounds me in a lot of different ways. And thus ends my shameless rant about the best man in the world. I love you Casey!

4 comments:

Jessica C said...

Congrats Casey :D

rosechar said...

Gina, I love this tribute. And congratulations Casey. I know the feeling of finally finishing the coursework! Gina, take care and have a great tour. I wish I understood blogs. The narrator in "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" (Judi Dench to be exact)does a blog throughout and it really inspired me. By the way, the movie is so touching on so many levels when you get a chance. Take care and Merde.patricia

Gina said...

Thanks for the congrats and tip on the movie! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Look at the picture and think of this dialogue:

GINA: Oh my gosh look out, ALIENS!!!!

CASEY: Don't worry, I'm here!

OFFSTAGE: CASEY, Stop LOOKING at the CAMERA!

- Jodran