Sunday, May 6, 2012

I'm in LOVE!

I know this is going to seem like an ad to some of you... But hang with me for just a second. I do have a point. And my point is THIS: I am in love and I don't care who knows it!

Kindle Fire

In love... With the Kindle. We recently got one for an awesome price. I've read two books in the last two weeks (Mockingjay and Water for Elephants) and have already started a third. I've downloaded several public domain books (i.e.: free) on it as well so my little Kindle shelf is quite full.

Not only am I using it to download books, I can listen to Pandora on it as well, which is awesome because I'm lazy and therefore can't be bothered to turn on and operate two devices at once (my iPod AND the Kindle)-- especially when I'm at Starbucks and have a DRINK and FOOD to handle as well.... Come on.

Ok, so I'm not quite that lazy. Just trying to get a laugh here.

(approximately) Eight year old Gina and her parakeet Misty Blue.

Last point: I have not only fallen in love with the Kindle, but back in love with reading. Something about reading from this cool little device has brought back a bit of the eight year old Gina, who would sit on her bed for hours upon hours (no, I'm not exaggerating this one) and read. And read. And then, after she was done reading, she'd read some more. (Eight year old Gina's favorite books? Trixie Beldon, The Babysitters Club, Choose Your Own Adventure, among others.) Reading transports me to fascinating, magical, and distinctly OTHER places. It benevolently kidnaps me from the everyday. It tickles my brain and entrances my entire being. Now who doesn't want that?

I highly recommend it (either the Kindle or reading, or both) if you get a chance.


No comments: