Friday, May 25, 2012

Pure Joy

This picture (David Hallberg) paints a portrait of pure joy in movement. I got to take a ballet class again today, and although I felt physically tired, my heart was singing. The jumping section of class in particular gave me such joy. Jumps are one of those things I have the ability to do well when my muscles are cooperating, and today despite my slight tiredness, I felt springy and light (for most of the petite allegro, or "little jumps" combination that is). There were times I felt as if I was jumping on a trampoline. In the big jump section of class, I had a couple moments where I could swear I was flying.

David Hallberg in rehearsal (photo by Gene Schiavone)

I feel free and joyful today! The feeling of unadulturated freedom is, in my opinion, what life is all about. The joy of being who you were meant to be, living the life you were given and letting go of everything else that drags you down. I am feeling closer to my own heart and God's heart than I have in literally months. 

What makes you feel free and joyful?

(PS If you need a little joy booster today... Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBb9hTyLjfM)

2 comments:

thatguycliff's blog said...

Being the mountains with my kids, friends or even by myself.

Gina said...

I wish this blog had a "like" button... So anyways, I LIKE your comment, Cliff :).