Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Confessions of a Deactivated Facebooker: FREE AT LAST!!!

So. I'm really, really, REALLY not seeing anything on Facebook now.

As most of you know, I have been on a deactivating journey for a couple months now. I turned off my personal Facebook page because I felt I was getting too addicted to it.

But, I could still log on and see Casey's friends' pages/posts. I felt like I wanted to take this deactivation to the next level recently. So. Several days ago, I went all out and had him change his password and under no circumstances is he allowed to reveal it to me. Now I am completely disconnected. I see nothing. And I love it!

Weird, right? It should feel awful. Especially because of the withdrawals I had the first few weeks. But it doesn't. I think that the fact I saw very, very VERY little before, helped wean me off of it completely. I can't see anything going on, on anyone's wall. Period. Nothing.

And look... I'm not even wearing a straight jacket.

I'm kind of spinning in happy circles, because a couple months ago, spending time on Facebook was something that was taking over my life. Now, it's not a part of my life at all besides the 30 seconds it takes to post my latest blog on my business/writing page. The fact I've completely "lost" Facebook isn't bothering me anymore.

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, I'M FREE AT LAST!!! (meaning, I'm feeling free of my addiction).

And that's all I have to say 'bout that.

No comments: