Monday, May 21, 2012

new creation

the Hand that helps and saves
one falling through the glass
it is the One who also cradles you
outside your awareness

I am grateful for breath
for my body, for dancing
for people, for wisdom
for light

some songwriters wail through words
"leave me, don't leave me, hurt me"
they don't make sense, in the real world
I turn down the volume

the sun rises and falls, every day
it is always there to remind me
life goes on, it will never stop
even after this body dies

my spirit will fly away
my body will be remade
I will do things I never did
and my joy will be wrapped up in my greatest Love's arms

eternity makes no sense to me right now
but then again, a lot of things don't
my mind will be remade
and I will be a new creation



3 comments:

thatguycliff's blog said...

Excellent! I especially like,
"my spirit will fly away
my body will be remade
I will do things I never did
and my joy will be wrapped up in my greatest Love's arms"

Thanks

Andrea said...

beautiful poem friend!!

Andrea Rooks said...

Lovely and inspiring. The line "in the real world, I turn down the volume" is resonating with me. It's difficult to turn down the volume and separate oneself from the noise of this world and follow our savior's voice... Thank you for sharing your poem... I love you!