Saturday, July 5, 2014

First Day at the New Gym Syndrome

I don't have to do a ballet bun in the immediate future. So I chopped my hair. Yep, just like that. AND I went all punk too. See below:



Fine, so maybe it's not "all punk" compared to other punk-er cuts. But I've never done a color other than highlights before, much less a red streak. And I just felt like doing it. And who's stopping me? Huh? Huh? NOBODY.
We also finally joined the gym across the street from our place. And now I'm wondering what took us so long? It's frickin' ah-mazing to go across the street, work out, then be home in like, ONE MINUTE. Here's what I benched today:


Just kidding. I did something way, way (wayyyy) smaller. Bonus, I followed the time honored tradition of the "first time at a new gym person"-- I wandered around like an idiot and used all the machines wrong. They have a machine that looks like an elliptical but APPARENTLY the feet/legs just move back and forth (not in circles). I got on this and tried to go in circles for a full minute before I gave up and tried the machine next to it which was clearly a traditional elliptical. Whatever.
Mini seemed to like the experience, judging from the kicks and moving all around while we were there. They even have a small room with a wood floor where you can stretch. It's nice to have that separation from the rest of the gym who typically look at me like I have three heads if I even attempt to stretch to a degree that will actually, um, help my muscles relax.
A pretty good week. Especially after getting this in my fortune cookie at Panda Express (can you say ORANGE CHICKEN?? I am obsessed lately. Maybe it's a week 29 thing):



No comments: