Monday, July 7, 2014

I Found The Ultimate Answer. (I Don't Care What The Question Is)

I have something amazing and beautiful to share with you all, something I just recently discovered in my 29th week of pregnancy. It's so incredibly good that I could not keep it to myself. It's something only having a baby could allow me to experience on such a deep, personal level.


Yes. Cold Stone Creamery.
I have experienced the wonder of their mix-ins in the past, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I would order a "like it" size with my favorite toppings (usually brownie bits or oreos, don't usually stray from the formula). But this is a whole new thing. Did you know Cold Stone will mix up a whole special custom ice cream creation in a take home pint (or more) so you can enjoy it for days to come? Did you? I'm not sure you did.
My father in law is in town, and he and Casey are working on some house projects that must get done before Mini makes an appearance. I am forever grateful for their hard work, and wanted to get something special for dessert that would properly express my gratitude... Plus, I had a crazy desire for salted caramel ANYTHING.
*I realize this blog is turning into an enormous ad for Cold Stone. I'll try to fix that: Hey, did you know you can also get this kind of custom ice cream at Maggie Moo's, and other places that I don't know the names of? Or do it yourself at home? See? There. Fixed.*
After shopping at the grocery store (which conveniently was right next to Cold Stone... What? I had no idea!... Ok, ok, I picked that grocery store location for that very reason), I strolled into the delicious cool of this wonderful ice cream palace. I had planned on just picking up a pre-packed pint, but they weren't selling quite what I wanted.
That's when I spotted the empty pint containers on the counter... And the rest is history.
This happened (not my actual ice cream):


And then, this happened at home (not the actual bowl I used):


Casey and Malcolm loved the ice cream concoction I created (salted caramel ice cream, with extra caramel sauce, graham cracker pie crust, and chocolate shavings as mix-ins). How could you not? It's freaking salted caramel! SOOOOO delicious.
Ice cream is the answer. I don't care what the question is.

No comments: