Sunday, June 29, 2014

Introducing: The Tiniest Planker In the World.

Well, I'm glad ONE of us is getting some consistent ab work.

Little Mini Human has taken to planking. Yep. PLANKING. In utero.

How do I know this? It's the only conclusion I can come to when just one particular section of my abdomen pushes out with enormous pressure (they say Braxton Hicks contractions involve the whole belly, which I have experienced, and this isn't the case in these situations).

If you aren't familiar with the ab exercise planking, here is a picture to educate you (this one has a few different options for the position, and from the feel of things I am pretty sure Mini has tried all of them at one point or another):


Alternatively, I guess it could be possible Mini is performing the downward dog position made famous by yoga:


What do you suppose the Mini is thinking? I have to wonder if the dancing I've done so far this pregnancy has inspired a whole fitness regime in there. After all, the journey down the birth canal (barring a c-section) must take some strong baby core strength, right? What's wrong with planning ahead a bit for the trip?

Listen to me, though, little one: There's plenty of time to plank on the outside. I will even buy you your own little baby yoga mat, whatever color you like. Just stop stretching out that little utero-apartment in there.

It kinda hurts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at it from Mini's point of view. Externally, you have been ardently leading by example. Mini is only striving to keep up so as to impress you with its flexibility some day soon.