Saturday, June 28, 2014

It's a Whale of a Time.

Lately, I've felt I just cannot get out of bed.
Not because I felt sick, not because I was too tired (even though I am).
It's because I'm huge.
*insert comments from various people who hear the last statement: "JUST YOU WAIT TILL MONTH 9!!! THEN YOU'LL REALLLLLLYYYY FEEL HUGE!" Yep. Thanks for the reminder.*
So back to my whale-like state, or at least feeling like I'm in a whale like state. I have now officially gained over 20 pounds since January. Maybe that doesn't sound like much to you... And to that I don't know what to say... But it feels like an enormous amount to this person (I'm pointing at myself if you can't tell).

Getting back to this morning. There are two techniques I use to get out of bed these days:
  1. Roll to my left side, let my legs fall over the side of the bed, plant feet firmly on the ground, and push myself up with my arms-- at least one of them tingly because it fell asleep sometime during the night.
  2. Lay there for awhile thinking of alternate ways to get up other than the "log roll" that is recommended to those women who do not desire any more damage to their widening abdominal wall. Get frustrated because I can't think of any. Sigh heavily, think about the times I was able to nimbly use my abs to sit up straight from a supine position. Sigh again. Finally... roll to my left side, etc etc (see #1 for the rest).
Life is strange sometimes. You deal with physical, emotional, and mental changes over the years you spend on this earth. It's what life is all about. But I never thought one of the issues I'd have is how to get out of bed every morning.
Oh, also, putting on shoes is getting to be kind of a problem. More on that in a later blog post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally feel you about the struggles with getting out of bed!

The other strange thing that I've noticed about this whole pregnancy thing is feeling my belly touch my thighs when I sit. I don't know if you're big enough to feel that yet, but the warmth on my thighs is such a strange sensation to me! - Claire

Gina said...

I have felt that a bit! It really is strange!