Monday, May 23, 2011

an inconsequential post about bird feeders and birds.

We have a bird feeder now, it's hanging outside our sliding glass door. When I am eating at the table I can see the birds pigging out which is super cute. And it is driving our cat Stella crazy to be so close, yet so far away to the birds...
This isn't the feeder we have, but isn't it pretty? These look like the "hoppy birds" I speak of in the next paragraph.

I like to go to Starbucks to journal, read, and get some alone time with God or just with myself. In Oregon, I used to love when it was warm enough for me to sit outside and do this mostly because the tiny little "hoppy" birds would be nearby looking for crumbs. I loved how they hopped around instead of walked. They had some serious glute strength, those little birds! They just made me happy. Some of these birds have come to eat the seed out of our feeder and that has made me smile lately.

No comments: