Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The times, they are a'changin...

I am considering exploring a career in social media marketing. This means (as far as I can tell so far) I would help businesses/individuals have an active online presence on facebook, blogs, twitter, and other social media. Considering the time I spend advertising my shows the last few weeks before they open on my blog/twitter/facebook, and the interest I have in what it takes to get the word out about cultural and arts events, I figure this is a job that might be right up my alley. I am currently doing the marketing for Delusions of Grandeur Productions (the dance company I performed and choreographed with last summer up in Boulder, out of which my piece "that which was lost" came). I am also discussing possibilities of taking on the social media marketing for a photography business as well. 


  This is pretty exciting, because it is something I am actually really fascinated by, and I do adore writing in general. Also, how in the world did we get to the point that a lot of people get most or all of their day to day information online instead of the paper? And because this is happening, how does one compete with the millions of blogs/pages/ads etc online and get your information to people that might be interested in it?  It is an amazing transition we've made and it seems businesses need to be thinking about jumping on board with facebook, twitter, blogs, etc if they are to survive financially.
  

No comments: