Thursday, June 2, 2011

Delusions of Grandeur

  Today I had another rehearsal with Delusions of Grandeur (the company made up of professional dancers, musicians, and other artists in the Denver/Boulder area, choreographing/composing and performing their own original works). We are working on "Eternal Dialogue," our summer show. This is the company I performed with last July-- the production in which I shared my piece "that which was lost" for the first time-- and I am super excited to be involved again. All the dancers, choreographers, musicians and artists are hand picked and are of amazing talent and quality. I am honored to be part of this group. One piece I am part of is set to "Clair de Lune"-- the music as well as the choreography is beautiful and haunting. This piece in particular is already feeling like one of the artistic highlights of my year dance-wise.
   I am in several pieces for this show, and am also choreographing another piece to Glenn Miller's "American Patrol," half of which I got to set on my dancers today. They exceeded my expectations even for a first rehearsal, and I am so excited to see how it will grow to be even better! It is a comedy (with many slapstick elements) based on the home life of a stereotypical 50's married couple, and the husband discovers halfway through that he can control the wife with the tv remote. The dancers I cast are natural comedians and are bringing their own hilarious touches to the characters. It's amazing to me that the choreography I feel I was given in my head and soul, can and will be expressed by others and made into something to be shared onstage. Last year I was in my own piece, which is a bit different. This time I can be on the outside and watch every step as an director which is a great thing. I am already enjoying this new role.


I am also in charge of marketing for the company this year. This means updating the website, facebook page, twitter page, writing and designing the newsletter, and keeping us in the news in general. Here is the website for the company with a blog to keep you up on all the happenings for Delusions and "Eternal Dialogue" (we are doing three performances this year in August, two up in Boulder and one here in Denver!): bodyofsound.wordpress.com

No comments: