Sunday, March 30, 2014

Chips.

***This post was written approximately February 14th. Keep this in mind as you read (and an FYI: the queasiness has gotten MUCH better by now, thank God). In addition, there are several more posts I've written over the last three months (not posted here yet) documenting my experience. I will be posting new ones daily, so check back often if you'd like to hear the whole story up till now!
If you want to hear the story of how we found out, click here (the first blog in this series)***

I always joked that when/if I got pregnant, I would have so little energy that all I would be able to do is sit on the couch and eat potato chips. I was mostly joking.
But yesterday I had a bad day, nausea-wise. My body wasn't accepting anything I was putting into it. Except (yes, of course, because my life is just full of irony right now) chips. Delicious, plain salty Lay's potato chips. I think there was something in the starch that made the yucky stomach issues calm down just a little.


As I sat there, doing some marketing work on my computer, eating chip after chip after chip (I have to feed this kid somehow, don't I?), I realized something. I had become my own stereotype.
And that's ok. Because damn it, they tasted awesome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMMMM chips! ~Jessica

Abigail said...

LOVE Lay's potato chips!! :)

. said...

There must be something in the starch. I only wanted tater tots/french fries during that time. ~ Erin B

Gina said...

Lays are the BEST!