Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Rocky Mountain High... Colorado."

Seeing as I am currently, and irritatingly, housebound by my stuffy nose and sore throat, I finally have time to give an update on our life in Colorado. The last month has been full of ups and downs but happily, we feel as if we are right where we are supposed to be. Casey and I both feel a sense of peace from God as we settle in although there are so many things that are new to us.
As I previously mentioned, my dad came out with us to help move us into our new home and stayed with us several days afterward. The three of us had a lot of fun together. We did our own informal tour of the town in between emptying and shuffling boxes around the apartment. The above photo is Casey and I before our tour of the historic Arapahoe County Courthouse.
We like our apartment! Definitely smaller, but I think it will feel bigger when the last of the boxes go away. Unfortunately I still can't find the box containing my camera/laptop USB cord so I can't show you any photos of the inside of the apartment just yet. But here is the view of some of the complex from our smallish "porch" (we are on the second floor):
On Saturday mornings and most afternoons between 3:30 and 6, we are serenaded by the excited voices of children playing outside on the play structure. It is actually kind of nice to have some cute kids around... We have been grilling out on the "porch" a lot lately too, since the sun makes its appearance almost every day here!
Quick update on other life stuff:
  • I (Gina) started taking class with my dance company this Monday. I am very pleased so far-- I can already tell I will be challenged as a dancer and artist here and most everyone seems really friendly. I am excited to start rehearsals in a week or so and see what is in store! The first production will have a "scary" Halloween theme and then on to Nutcracker.
  • Casey is currently hot on the job trail. He's zeroed in on which part of the construction industry he would like to work in, and is making lots of calls to companies he'd like to work for. I am so impressed by his work ethic and blessed by how seriously he takes his role as our provider in this stage of our life.
  • Some sad news: Oscar the betta fish, who survived the drive out and also the recent cat attack, passed on to fishy heaven a couple weeks ago. He was pretty weak after the attack, not really himself. We are both really sad to see him go.
So here we are... More news and pictures to come when I find that box :).

2 comments:

Amanda Leigh said...

Glad to hear you are settling in. Portland misses you.

Andrea Rooks said...

I have to confess I saw that photo of the view from your porch and was impressed by the play structure! We spent two hours at a park today with Natalie and Hattie -- it was awesome. I wish we had a play structure in our backyard or neighborhood... or at least some swings for me. I'd forgotten how fun it is to swing...

Anyway, I'm glad things seem to be going well for you. I hope it will feel like home soon and that you get over your cold...

miss you and love you