Sunday, September 28, 2008

If you can't stand the heat...


Casey and I have been cooking lately!! For a girl from a half-italian family, you'd think this wouldn't be novel for me. Unfortunately, up until now I (or Casey) haven't learned as much about cooking as we'd like. So, we recently subscribed to a little recipe magazine and so far have made tater tot casserole, bbq'd artichokes, homemade chocolate chip cookies, pork tenderloin, and our latest accomplishment, shepherds pie! (see stolen photo above... not our creation but it kinda looked like that...). I have learned a few things along the way:
  • Cooking isn't that hard, just time consuming (I was kinda scared of the more complicated recipes for a long time).
  • It's a good way to spend time together (when we aren't bumping into each other in the smallish kitchen).
  • We are usually quite pleased with the results!
Another bit of news... Casey just had an interview with a placement agency specializing in finding people jobs in the construction field, and his interviewer seems very hopeful that she can find him a job! God is taking care of us for sure! And, I am feeling MUCH better from my virus/infection (whatever it was, I am glad it is mostly gone).
On the dance front: I (Gina) start rehearsals this week with the company. I am excited to see what it all will be like and if I will even have the energy to drag myself home after each full day of rehearsing. I assume I will eventually get used to the physical toll on my body but these next couple of weeks should be...ummm... interesting? Photo below of the company last year (no that's NOT me) in "Carmina Burana." I am pretty stoked for the opportunity to dance to this amazing piece of music in particular, by Carl Orff.

1 comment:

Andrea Rooks said...

Congrats, yay, and wow!

Congrats on your cooking success! Cooking definitely takes practice to get comfortable in the kitchen. Bret used to make fun of me because when he'd ask about the meals I'd cook from recipes, I'd always say it was pretty easy, no matter how long it took me. I think I'm always surprised by being able to make something edible from a list of ingredients and instructions...

We'll be praying for Casey's job leads... and that is an awesome photo of your dance company! I wish I could see it in person...