Thursday, March 4, 2010

Misunderstood


Today I found out that my character has been being grossly misunderstood by someone in my life. I tried to explain my true intentions and they were having none of it. It is a heartbreaking thing to find out that someone believes something false of you and will not change their mind or even try to understand where you are coming from.
God is my ultimate Judge and perfect, loving Father. Days like today remind me that I CANNOT (if I am to emotionally survive in this world) trust in man's (or women's) opinions, thoughts or beliefs concerning me. It makes my heart relax more than a bit to know I have God to run to. I don't have to depend on other people's view of me to know the truth about myself and the world.
"He brings princes to naught and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing." (Isaiah 40:23)
He is the trump card! He is the one that created the "rulers" in this world, and HE gets to decide what we are worth. I hope I can really let this simmer in my heart today and beyond, because even if this person never cares to find out the real truth about my character, it will save me a whole lot of emotional energy.

2 comments:

AllisonLynn said...

Oh man, there is nothing I struggle with more than being misunderstood! It is sooo aggravating! I'm sorry you had that experience! Keep filling your mind and heart with truth, and be mindful of who you allow to influence your personal sense of worth. Anyone who is safe enough to be allowed into your inner circle of friends and family would agree that you are a treasure--a true rare gem of personality and character and skill. Anyone who disagrees is severely mistaken. Peace to you this afternoon!

Toni Renee' said...

I'm sorry you had to deal with that today! You're right though, God is the only one who can determine your worth. And He told me that you're pretty awesome :-)
Praying for peace and strength.