Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Mini Human Is Planning a Break-Out

Mini human at 20 weeks, planning the escape from the womb by feeling out the periphery.
This is what a 20 week old mini-human looks like, apparently. One that is pushing with all its might against the placenta like there is a lifetime supply of chocolate on the other side... Which, ironically, there is. Maybe the mini is smarter than we thought.
We had our "long" ultrasound the other day (which turned out to be not so long... kind of disappointing but we got a few more pictures and a few video clips out of it, so not so bad I guess). Mini was moving and pushing around inside there, almost like a mime tries to push its way out of an invisible box. It was so nice to see that movement and hear the heartbeat. Strangely, as I watched the pushing and moving on the screen, I could not feel a thing-- although in the few days since then I've felt much more movement than I have in the whole first half of the pregnancy.
The good news? Everything checks out normal and good, I cannot tell you what a huge sigh of relief came out of me when they informed us of Mini's general good health. The bad news? I'm only halfway done and I'm all of a sudden looking like I have a small watermelon hidden under my clothes.

1 comment:

Blue_lamp_art said...

Watch your intake of spicy foods and just enjoy the downside if your journey!