Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dark Deeds Done.


We did it... We finished the two weekend run up in Brighton for "Dark Deeds at Swan's Place (or Never Trust a Tattooed Sailor)." I am once again in post show blues. It's the same every time. Every time, a jarring realization it is over. It gives me all the more motivation and passion to give it all when I am given the gift of being onstage-- because, truly, no show lasts forever. You only get so many chances to play the role, say the lines, dance the choreography. It's like the basketball players say, "Leave it on the court." I think that's what they mean anyway :). Above is Mother McGoof telling the audience her sorrows. I think this is one of my favorite things about melodrama, the breaking of the fourth wall and getting to talk directly to the audience. It involves them in a wonderful way and makes them feel as if they know you.



Here is our hero, Matt ("Jack Swan") and me as Tai Pan. He is hilarious and does one of the best cheesy heroes I've ever seen, goofy and totally stereotypically gallant.


Larry ("Captain Bermuda") and his parrot Venus. Venus had lines by the way. Next to me as a pirate is Kelly (our damsel "Bertha Birthright" later in the show).


Keith ("Sourdough Birthright" and "Preacher"). He got to die in his opening scene which I was quite jealous of. I think it would be so fun to die onstage. Not literally of course.



Dan, the villain "Montague Leech" and "Tai Pan" (aka "Frying Pan," "Kung Fu," "Ginzu" and other ridiculous names) in character! I had to concentrate so hard to not laugh onstage during our interactions. He is one of the most hilarious villains I've ever seen.



Band of seedy pirates! ARRRRRRRR! I am going to miss singing and dancing around with my sword.... Thanks for the great time guys. I miss you already.

1 comment:

Toni Renee' said...

You crack me up Gina. Never have I heard someone wish to die on stage before. You've got the stage bug! Glad it went well.