Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Casey!

So, Saturday was Casey's birthday. Yep, the big 32. (Ok, so I am catching up soon... but we won't talk about that right now.) He had a two-part celebration, one part on Thursday and one on Saturday night. Since I had the day off on Thursday, the first thing I did was surprise him with Starbucks and Krispy Kreme for breakfast. Then, I took him to the Denver Art Museum where he'd been wanting to go for a while. We saw some really cool stuff, some modern paintings from a german artist and some amazing sculptures as well.

We had lunch at a place called Mad Greens (if you have one nearby you, I highly recommend getting your booty to one asap). It has gourmet salads, panini sandwiches, and awesome soup, all for a good price. We ended the day with some nice red wine and chocolate.... Yummmm chocolate.....
On Saturday night, we were joined by several of our good friends here at Rio Grande Restaurant, a really good mexican place only about 10 minutes from our apartment. Awesome chips and salsa, good food in general, and delicious yet dangerous margaritas. So dangerous, they say, that they have a "three margarita limit," which I can't imagine even getting close to. I finished about half of one strawberry margarita and that was enough for me. Casey was given a birthday sopapilla, topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream. Very delicious.
Needless to say we were stuffed. It was an extremely successful birthday celebration. Having only moved here just a bit ago, I think Casey and I can both say that God has truly gone overboard on making us feel loved and surrounding us by people who bless us by their friendship. Thanks guys.

No comments: